Monday, September 26, 2011

Taylor Armstrong Blames 'Housewives' for Russell Armstrong?s Suicide

Taylor Armstrong Blames 'Housewives' for Russell Armstrong?s Suicide

Despite reports to the contrary, Taylor Armstrong says she holds The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills partially responsible for husband Russell Armstrong's suicide.

In an interview with Dr. Phil on Thursday, the reality star said that the constant presence of Bravo's cameras magnified the existing problems in her marriage.

"I believe that if it weren't for the cameras, there's a chance that I wouldn't be sitting here with you today," said Russell's 40-year-old widow.

Taylor spoke out for the first time about her abusive marriage on Wednesday's Entertainment Tonight, revealing the domestic violence that she suffered around 20 times at his hands. Taylor said on Thursday that she had feared for both his life and her own.

"One of my friends who's a reporter said, 'I didn't want to be standing outside your house having to report a murder-suicide,'" a crying Taylor confessed.

Despite her fear, Taylor made an effort to protect Russell from the repercussions of his own actions. She says she lied about the cause of her black eye (the shocking photos of which have been made public) when she had to go in for corneal surgery -- saying that her 5-year-old daughter Kennedy did it.

"I told (the doctor) that Kennedy had kicked me because Russell told me to tell him that. Russell went with me to the appointment and sat in the chair with me the whole time," she said to ET. "I didn't want him to go to jail, so I guess that was all right with me."

Taylor has said that she was living "constantly on eggshells" with Russell -- and we can only imagine how being watched by a reality TV audience intensified that fear. What's most shocking, perhaps, is that Taylor Armstrong was being abused in front of millions of eyes, yet no one knew. Russell Armstrong's suicide has everyone asking if reality TV has gotten too real. Maybe the better question is: What else have our favorite reality shows been hiding in plain sight?

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/taylor-armstrong-blames-housewives-russell-armstrong-s-suicide/1-a-385134

Gina Philips Gisele Bündchen Giuliana DePandi

No comments:

Post a Comment