Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Mary Lambert in Glamour August 2014: Adele "Shattered" the Pop Star Stereotype

She hit the music scene running when her magical voice was featured on Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' tune "Same Love," and now Mary Lambert is opening up to Glamour magazine about her time in the business.

In the August 2014 issue of the publication, the 25-year-old singer opened up about her sexuality and her upcoming album, Heart on Her Sleeve.

Check out highlights from Mary's interview below and for more, head over to Glamour!

On announcing her sexuality to the world on ?Same Love?:
?As a lesbian in this industry, I?ve been instantly embraced. I came out when I was 17?coming out in middle or high school is one of the most difficult things that anyone could experience. I wouldn?t wish it on my enemies.?

On smashing pop-star stereotypes; Adele-style:
?Adele shattered the image of how the stereotypical singer is supposed to look. She has that whole ?Screw you, I?m awesome for what I do? attitude, which I really look up to and want to be a part of.?

On wearing her Heart on Her Sleeve:
?I?m so excited for this record. It?s very much who I am. There are love songs and heartbreak songs. There?s even a song about domestic violence, which many people in my life have experienced. It?s one of those quiet killers that?s swept under the rug. But why not talk about it in pop music??

On her backup plan: bartending:
?I?m going to be a little braggart here. I make an amazing Old Fashioned. I use chocolate bitters, smoked orange, and frozen brandied cherries. I still have my liquor license, so I can make you a cocktail!?

Source: http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/music/mary-lambert-glamour-august-2014-adele-shattered-pop-star-stereotype-1189136

Gisele Bündchen Giuliana DePandi Giulianna Ramirez

No comments:

Post a Comment